The ISO candidate will be responsible, amongst others, to:
1. To ensure the availability, performance and security of IT systems and applications of the Mauritius Renewable Energy Agency (MARENA).
2. To perform systems, network and data base management and administration.
3. To prepare tender specifications and advise on the selection of computer hardware and software.
4. To coordinate repairs and preventive maintenance of hardware and systems software.
5. To develop and maintain the corporate website the Agency, publish news, information, documents, videos, pictures. Capture and upload digital pictures on the website of MARENA. Web analytics monitoring and the generation of monthly reports.
6. To develop the Knowledge portal of the Agency, including FAQs on renewables, factsheets, links, videos, web-GIS maps, and other interactive features.
7. To design, implement, deliver, support and to manage GIS applications and databases.
8. To maintain an updated database of renewable energy projects in Mauritius, with associated geospatial data (zoning and others).
9. To perform geospatial analysis, as required (such as, QGIS).
10. To develop and manage secure web-applications for renewable energy experts, projects and others based on SQL server, as required.
11. To maintain an updated contact database of the Agency, with mass-mailing capabilities for questionnaires, newsletters and other engagement initiatives.
12. To conduct analysis of user requirements, design, develop and maintain software applications.
13. To coordinate interaction between the Agency and solution providers for the supply and implementation of outsourced IT applications.
14. To ensure telephony & PC services and products are provided and maintained by suppliers according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
15. To perform daily checks, as required, to maintain the integrity and performance of the IT infrastructure.
16. To manage and maintain an asset database/inventory for all IT hardware and software.
17. To implement network and systems changes, maintenance routines and resilience testing, using the appropriate tools, test equipment and adhering to the Agency change process.
18. To develop and ensure compliance with standards, guidelines and methodologies for systems implementation and operation.
19. To perform quality assurance on computer systems.
20. To use ICT in the performance of his duties.
21. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Information System Officer in the roles ascribed to him.
In case of a force majeure/public emergency, the Information System Officer will be required to be available to provide his services to ensure business continuity either through work from home, remote working, working online or work performed through any other IT system.