GCF Project “Accelerating the Transformational Shift to a Low Carbon Economy in the Republic of Mauritius”
National Consultancy for services to design and implement a Branding Strategy for MARENA in Mauritius
The Green Climate Fund project entitled “Accelerating the transformational shift to a low-carbon economy in the Republic of Mauritius” is aimed at enabling the Government of Mauritius to meet its target of using renewables to supply 35 % of the country’s energy needs by 2025 and 40 % by 2030. This is part of a broad national strategy to reduce the country’s dependence on fossil fuels, to enhance energy security and climate change mitigation, and to improve the country’s balance of payments.
Scope of Work
1. Positioning MARENA as the national hub for renewable energy
The services of a reputable marketing and communication expert will be required to create an impactful brand identity of MARENA. The Service Provider will be required, inter alia, to generate and/or increase interest in the activities and services offered by the MARENA and develop public awareness designs for MARENA for publications and corporate items in order to positively highlight the achievements, good practices and lessons learned.
2. Formulate a communication campaign for the adoption of renewable energy
The brand identity of MARENA will support raising awareness and adoption of renewable energy in Mauritius. Public adoption and public support are a pre-condition to the adoption of renewable energy and shall be organised in support of the ambitious RE objectives in Mauritius.
- Develop a brand identity for MARENA
- Design creative material to strengthen the brand identity of MARENA
- Based on the IOC report recommendations and key communication messages, develop templates for Communication/Awareness tools
- On renewable energy in Mauritius and the ongoing energy transition
- Prepare detailed specifications for the production of designed material
- Submission of detailed work plan
- Brand identity strengthening
- Procurement exercise for printing
- All deliverables shall be in English and submitted in appropriate format (eg MS Word, PDF, JPG, PNG, AI, EPS) as per requirement of the client – GCF team.
- Project Coordinator, Accelerating the Transformational Shift to a Low-Carbon Economy in the Republic of Mauritius/ UNDP GCF project
- Mauritius Renewable Energy Agency (MARENA)
- Project Manager, Component 1, UNDP GCF Project
Duration of the work
The consultant shall be required for a period of 40 working days over 3 months period from 07 August 2020 – 30 October 2020.
Submission of Application
Applications should be sent through email : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 22 July 2020 - 16:00 hours Mauritius time (GMT+4)